Porcupine Mountains Wilderness Park
Tahquamenon Falls is one of the most impressive waterfalls around Lake Superior. Tahquamenon Falls State Park
See our Video of Rainbow Falls
Comfortable weather for hiking, biking and touring. Fall color change will begin soon.
We've enjoyed some boat cruises to see the famous Apostle Island Sea Caves and on my bucket list is to camp overnight on Stockton Island, in the Apostle Islands National Park.
To help you plan your upcoming visit to Lake Superior communities, check out our links for weather forecasts at selected points around Lake Superior on our Weather Reports page. If you select the monthly view you can see the historical average highs and lows for the current and subsequent months.
To follow are some of the 2021 spring or early summer events in Lake Superior towns and villages you might enjoy.
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Spring Migration Workshop Hawks Ridge - Late April
Grandma's Marathon Festival - Third Weekend in June
More Articles of interest on SuperiorTrails.com
Here's a few recently added or updated articles and features that might interest you:
Thanksgiving Dinner at Historic Pickwick Inn
- Great Food & Service in a Duluth landmark since 1914
Agate Finds Black River Harbor
- See agate and agate-wannabes we found along the beach in May 2018.
- See our article and photos from the 2017 race.
Devil's Island Sea Caves
- We've posted a new video of the Sea Caves from our latest Apostle Islands Boat Cruise.
Agate Success at Little Girls Point
- pictures from our rock picking and beach agate hunting trip in May of 2016. Also cool video of Rainbow Falls.
Best Lake Superior Agate Beaches
- pictures and maps with guides to the top agate hunting and rock picking beaches around the lake.
Madeline Island Town Campground
- pictures and information on the newly remodeled Madeline Island Township Park and Campground, adjacent to Big Bay State Park.
- UP 200 Dog Sled Race
- pictures and article on the 24th running of this 240 mile Iditarod qualifying race
- Munising Snowshoe and Cross-Country Ski Trails
- pictures, links to trail maps, and article on XC ski and snowshoe trails in Pictured Rocks National Park and the Munising area of the Upper Peninsula.
- Lake of the Clouds Scenic Overlook, Porcupine Mountains State Park
- We did our a recent all color trip to the Porcupine Mountains and the Black River Harbor Scenic Byway. Close to Peak Color in the Porkies but a little ahead of peak color at Black River Harbor. Also see our new Hiking & Back-Packing Guide to the Porcupine Mountains.
- Rock On with Lake Superior Agates
- A fun festival and convention of Lake Superior beach rock picking and agate hunting enthusiasts. A fun time and we learned quite abit about collectiing and identifying Lake Superior Agates
- The Duluth Tall Ships Festival
- We had a great time seeing all the classic tall ships in Duluth. They came again in 2016 and 2019.
- Copper Harbor, Michigan
- some new pictures from the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula
- Keweenaw Scenic Drive
- article and pictures from on our one day scenic drive around the entire Keweenaw peninsula
- Raspberry Island Lighthouse
- We took the Apostle Islands cruise and guided tour of the Lighthouse
- Best Bars & Burgers in Superior, WI
- we added a review of the Shack Smokehouse & Grille in north Superior
SuperiorTrails.com - Reinhold Development - 2021
Lake Superior Camping
& Campground Directory
Best Camping along Lake Superior.
Lake Superior Travel Directories
Enjoying lake breezes and views at the Duluth Canal Park Brewery Beer Garden - Canal Park.
See the lighthouses on an Apostle Islands Cruise.
See our reviews on Best Hiking and Camping Guides around Lake Superior.