Tahquamenon Falls is one of the most impressive waterfalls around Lake Superior. Tahquamenon Falls State Park
Grand Marais Minnesota and its beautiful harbor are often voted as the favorite village around Lake Superior by circle tour travelers.
Sun bathing, swimming, and rock picking on Madeline Island's Town Park Beach
See our Video of Rainbow Falls
May 22, 2018. Weather Forecast. Finally Spring has Sprung, the snow is melting. Forecast for the next 10 days show weather in the mid 60s and 70+ in some places. Time to plan your weekend escape or spring vacation.
As the snow clears from the beaches, we try to get out to do some Agate Hunting and have some luck as we did on one recent spring trip to Black River Harbor (also did a video of the roaring Rainbow Falls.)
Last June we caught the famous Grandma's Marathon Race Festival - see pictures and our report. Always a fun time to be in Duluth.
We've enjoyed some boat cruises to see the famous Apostle Island Sea Caves and on my bucket list is to camp overnight on Stockton Island, in the Apostle Islands National Park.
To help you plan your upcoming visit to Lake Superior communities, check out our links for weather forecasts at selected points around Lake Superior on our Weather Reports page. If you select the monthly view you can see the historical average highs and lows for the current and subsequent months.
To follow are some of the 2018 spring events in Lake Superior towns and villages you might enjoy.
Selected upcoming Spring
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
-- Bayfield In Bloom -May 11 to June 10, 2018. NPR Garden Expo May 11; Annual Garden Tour June 2
-- National Train Day, Duluth Depot - May 12, 2018
-- Chequamegon Bay Birding & Nature Festival - May 17 - 19th
-- Duluth Bob Dylan Festival - May 19 - 27th
-- Madeline Island Museum Visitor Appreciation Weekend - June 2 - 3rd
-- Steam Locomotive 261 comes to Duluth - June 9 - 10, 2018
-- Duluth Park Point Rummage Sale - June 8 -9th, 2018
-- Grandma's Marathon - June 14 - 16th, 2018
-- Park Point Art Fair - June 23 - 24th, 2018
What's new on SuperiorTrails.com?
Here's a few recently added or updated articles and features that might interest you:
2017 Grandma's Marathon
- See our article and photos from the 2017 race.
Devil's Island Sea Caves
- We've posted a new video of the Sea Caves from our latest Apostle Islands Boat Cruise.
Agate Success at Little Girls Point
- pictures from our rock picking and beach agate hunting trip in May of 2016. Also cool video of Rainbow Falls.
Best Lake Superior Agate Beaches
- pictures and maps with guides to the top agate hunting and rock picking beaches around the lake.
Madeline Island Town Campground
- pictures and information on the newly remodeled Madeline Island Township Park and Campground, adjacent to Big Bay State Park.
- UP 200 Dog Sled Race
- pictures and article on the 24th running of this 240 mile Iditarod qualifying race
- Munising Snowshoe and Cross-Country Ski Trails
- pictures, links to trail maps, and article on XC ski and snowshoe trails in Pictured Rocks National Park and the Munising area of the Upper Peninsula.
- Lake of the Clouds Scenic Overlook, Porcupine Mountains State Park
- We did our a recent all color trip to the Porcupine Mountains and the Black River Harbor Scenic Byway. Close to Peak Color in the Porkies but a little ahead of peak color at Black River Harbor. Also see our new Hiking & Back-Packing Guide to the Porcupine Mountains.
- Rock On with Lake Superior Agates
- A fun festival and convention of Lake Superior beach rock picking and agate hunting enthusiasts. A fun time and we learned quite abit about collectiing and identifying Lake Superior Agates
- The Duluth Tall Ships Festival
- We had a great time seeing all the classic tall ships in Duluth. They came again in 2016.
- Copper Harbor, Michigan
- some new pictures from the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula
- Keweenaw Scenic Drive
- article and pictures from on our one day scenic drive around the entire Keweenaw peninsula
- Raspberry Island Lighthouse
- We took the Apostle Islands cruise and guided tour of the Lighthouse
- Best Bars & Burgers in Superior, WI
- we added a review of the Shack Smokehouse & Grille in north Superior
SuperiorTrails.com - Reinhold Development - 2017
Lake Superior Camping
& Campground Directory
Camping along the Lake Superior Circle Drive.
See the lighthouses on an Apostle Islands Cruise.