The cobblestone beach by the
Grand Marais Municipal Campground and RV Park
The Municipal Campground & RV Park is located adjacent to downtown Grand Marais just West of the North House Folk School. The Municipal Campground located at the base of Sweetheart's Bluff and bounded by lakeshore on two sides and woods on the remainder. It is remote enough from traffic and noise, yet within easy walking distance to downtown Grand Marais.
The park offers 300 campsites, some sites are reserved for tent campers, but the majority have 20-30 amp electrical hookups and some offer 50 amp service plus water and sewer. But most of these full-service RV sites are occupied by seasonal renters. Other campground amenities include an RV Dump Station, 4 modern bathhouses with hot water showers and flush toilets, a playground area, a boat ramp, and free wi-fi is available 24/7 in and around the Park Office.
The Sweatheart's Bluff Hiking and Nature Trail is located at the Western edge of the campground.
RV Sites are grass covered with some shade
Grand Marais & Grand Portage, MN Pages on SuperiorTrails
Campground Office offers Ice and Free Wi-Fi
Eighteen RV sites are non-reservable and available first come, first served. About 150 sites are available for nightly and weekly reservations.
Spring, Summer, and Fall Festivals & Events
- Northern Landscapes Festival - May 31 - June
- Grand Marais Classic Car Show - June (TBA)
- Grand Marais Block Party - June
- Wooden Boat Show & Summer Soltice Festival - June 3 - 25, 2021
- Fireworks over the Harbor - July 4th
- Grand Marais Arts Festival - July 10 - 11, 2021
- North Shore Water Festival - July 20 - 21, 2019
- Fisherman's Picnic - August First Weekend
- Grand Portage Rendezvous Days & Pow-wow - August TBA
- Unplugged Fall Festival - September
- Moose Madness - October
- Winter's Gathering North House Folk School - November
- Lutsen Mountain SnowVenture Holiday TBA
- Grand Marais Christmas Parade - November
- O Ole Night Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting - November
- Gunflint Mail Run Sled Dog Race - January
- John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon January-February
- Northern Fibers Retreat Feb 14th - 18th
- North House Winter Series January
- Grand Marais WinterFestTBA
More Grand Marais Links - things to see and do
SuperiorTrails.com - Reinhold Development - 2021
John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
Duluth to Grand
Minnesota North Shore
Enjoying lake breezes and views at the Canal Park Brewery Beer Garden - Canal Park.
Best Camping along the Lake Superior Circle Drive.
Camping along the Lake Superior Circle Drive.
Scenic Fall Color